History

The Club can trace its heritage back to the formation of the Coorparoo Hockey Club in 1930 by Reg Blower. It nominated a junior boys team in the competition that year and after success in the J2 and J1 divisions over the following seasons nominated its first senior men’s team in the competition in 1934. It utilised a reserve at Boongall Road, Coorparoo to train.

The Second World War intervened in 1940 and commitments to the various armed services saw the Club disband before reforming in 1945. It took on the lease of the reserve at Boongall Road the following year from the Brisbane City Council. The new Club was joined in 1947 by teams of senior women and girls.

In 1955 the Coorparoo Men’s Hockey Club changed its name to the Eastern Suburbs Men’s Hockey Club. It maintained that name until 1980 when the reference to being a men’s club was dropped.